Get the Elite Advantage
The magic of Elite Three Hemp
for unmatched benefits
Here at Elite Three, we believe in using only the very best natural ingredients in all our products. That’s why we work hard to source the finest raw materials. All our products are thoroughly tested not in a lab, but in our barns. The team of high performance athletes using Elite Three products speaks to its unmatched benefits.
Fresh seed, fresh pressed
Our hemp seed is fresh pressed to order. Hemp seed oil, proteins and E5 are all milled for freshness and quality from a superior seed source.
The best oil on offer
Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil is unfiltered and complete. We don't sift or settle anything out. So you get an industry-leading level of Gamma Linolenic Acid at 4.52%.
Specifically for horses and dogs
We source hemp seed with specific characteristics that we want, aiming for maximum palatability, absorption and effectiveness in every product.
For minimum of 6 months, across multiple disciplines and environments, so you know your horse or dog is getting the safest, most effective products are on offer.
Packaged for maximum quality & shelf life. Health Canada and Veterinary Health approved. Guaranteed analysis for every product.
Real Results - Back to Spunky
" Elite Three hemp seed oil has changed my dog so much in just over 2 weeks! To put into perspective- I have a 13yr old Border Collie/ Australian Shepherd and 2 weeks ago she couldn’t even walk up the three steps into our house.
2 weeks later and I have a different dog! She’s now able to get up the stairs with very minimal help, she actually runs up them! When I get her up in the morning she runs towards me bouncing and she just has her spunk back. Her coat is shiny, fluffy and so soft again! Dandruff is gone! I am so so happy my friend told me to try this and that my old girl can enjoy the last bit of her life being the happy spunky dog that she is!"
- Jessica Wiltzen
Real Results – 3.5 months
“I have seen a difference in his level of worry being reduced, his coat and hoof health improving, and perhaps best of all, he has gained weight and maintained it when on Hemp Seed Oil. And for me as his owner, it certainly helps that Hemp Seed Oil is so affordable, especially when compared to other gut health supplements that I found no success with.”
- Shauna Wells
Real Results - Ulcer Free
Elite Three completely changed my opinion of natural products for the treatment of equine issues. Before using hemp oil and hemp fiber, my senior horse battled sever colic once a week, was riddled with ulcers despite being on Omeperazole.
I put her on the Elite Three products and within two weeks, she stopped suffering from colic all together and finally started putting on weight. This fall she is colic free and I was able to ride her after 8 years off due to ulcers and high stress levels.
- Shelby Dede
Why Hemp Seed Oil
• Stamina & Heart Rate - lowered heart rates at rest and immediately following exercise
• Good healthy fats contribute to a healthy cardiovascular system. Peak performance
• Reduces recovery timeReduces lactic acid build up in muscles
• Supplemented fat can be used as an alternative sustainable energy source, saving stored glycogen
• Horses are very efficient in utilizing and digesting fat as a source for fuel
• Cool Energy - Fat is referred to as a cool energy source. Fat produces less body heat when metabolized and is a great source of energy for working horses, especially those that live in warmer climates
• Use of hemp seed products has shown increased calmness and focus due to its unique natural properties as well as contributing to overall health
• Since fats are digested more slowly blood sugar levels are maintained, reducing the amount and frequency of stress hormones
What Sets Hemp Seed Oil Apart From Other Oils
• Provides Omega 3,6 & 9
• GLA – Gamma Linolenic Acid - not commonly found in other oils
• The most easily digestible of any plant based protein
• Antioxidants and Vitamins content preserved by being cold pressed and not exposed to high heat for processing losing nutritional value
• You are not exposing your horses to glucosinolates that can be found in other oils
(Glucosinolates as undesirable substances in animal feed. The EFSA Journal (2008) 590, 2-76.)
Why Hemp Seed Protein
• Hemp Seed Protein is made from hemp seed meal, which is the by-product of pressing hemp seed oil.
• Provides the benefits of Hemp Seed Oil without the added fat or calories
• Protein Fiber has natural calming factors that help to increases focus and mental calmness.
• The main function of dietary protein is to supply amino acids for the growth and maintenance of body tissue. Protein is made up of amino acids. There are 20 amino acids of which 8 are considered essential. Essential amino acids (EAAs) are those, which the body cannot make and therefore must be supplied by diet. Hemp protein, from the hemp nut, has all 20 of them and the EAAs amounts are in substantially higher amounts than its closest competitor.
• Even more significant is that hemp seed protein is made up of globulin edistin and albumin, both considered to be among the most easily digestible of all proteins. Edestin protein is found only in hemp seed. Edestin aids in digestion and is relatively phosphorus free. Edestin protein is considered the backbone of the cell’s DNA.
• Hemp seed protein also contains relatively high levels of the branched-chain amino acids, which are important in the repair and growth of lean body mass.
• Hemp seed Protein because it is a fibrous material that helps with overall digestion and aids in absorption of nutrient from other feed sources.
• For Building Muscle
• Benefits of oil without the added calories
Why Both Fiber and Oil
• High energy horses benefit from a high fat, high protein diet with out the added sugars and carbohydrates of conventional feeds.
• Hemp Protein only contains 10% fat but because there is only 10% fat in the protein, in some cases that is not enough fat. Feeding both gives the digestive and muscle building properties of the hemp protein fiber and the fat provided by the hemp oil, giving the horse the ultimate nutrition.
Omega 3-6-9 and GLA
• Because omega-6 and omega-3 work hand-in-hand within the horse’s body, equine nutritionists place more emphasis on maintaining the proper balance or ratio between the two rather than focusing on the total quantity of either one. Hemp oil provides an ideal balance of 3-6-9.
• Omega 6 – Naturally occurring fatty acids that help bolster the immune system. Beneficial for infection and sickness. Specifically, omega-6 fatty acids are used by the body to make pro-inflammatory mediators for the immune system.
• Omega 3 – Shown to reduce inflammation. They balance immune function, protect joints and ligaments, diminish inflammation, support gastrointestinal function, reduce skin allergies, and decrease nervousness among many other benefits.
• It is important to remember that inflammation is an important process the body uses to fight infection and mediate tissue repair, therefore a balance between pro-and anti-inflammatory mediators is the goal. Omega-6 fatty acids do not cause inflammation, rather they provide the substrate needed to mount an inflammatory response if and when it is needed making them a very important part of the diet.
• Omega-9 Shown to benefit the heart, brain and overall well-being.
Hemp Oil Contains GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)
• GLA is a regulator of the prostaglandins, the hormone-like substances that act as chemical messengers inside the cell. Their physiological effects include regulation of inflammation.
• The prostaglandins are also involved in the increased secretion of protective mucus in the GI tract, which makes hemp oil’s GLA an important ingredient for horses with ulcer issues.
What Is The Shelf Life Of Elite Three Products
• Cold Pressed – Oil has not been exposed to high temperatures giving it a very long shelf life.
• 18months + when stored below 20 celsius
Do Elite Three Products Contain THC
• Hemp seed does not contain THC and is guaranteed to be 0%. Fields have been tested multiple times even before harvest. THC has not been in hemp seed in Canada for the last 15 years.
• Elite Three products will not test under EC, FEI and USEA rules.
Will Elite Three Products Test
• Elite Three products will not test under EC, FEI and USEA rules.
If My Horse Is On Green Grass Do They Still Need Omegas
• For a horse fed lower-quality forage, it might be beneficial to invest in a fat supplement. However, if the horse is eating good-quality pasture or a cool-season grass hay that is harvested at early to mid-maturity, he may already have a low ratio of omega-6s to omega-3s, and spending the money on an expensive supplement might not be worth it. In instances like this hemp seed oil or protein can be considered for that “little bit extra” a horse might need.
Do I Need To Feed Supplements As Well As Oil
• Yes it is recommended to feed a vitamin and mineral supplement.
• However investing large amounts of money in other supplements does no good if the horse is not digesting them properly. Because hemp oil and fiber aid in digestion, the vitamins and minerals are being utilized more efficiently and therefore require less to be fed.
Foundered & Lamantic Horses
• A foundered horse does not need excess fat and therefore would be a great candidate for the fiber
• A lamanitic horse would benefit from the anti inflammatory properties of either the oil, fiber or a combination of both
What is the difference between Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil and Elite HP Plus
• Elite HP Plus has a higher concentration of GLA (gamma linolenic acid), making it a stronger aid in anti-inflammation. Elite HP plus is a blend of hemp oil, and borage oil
Which Elite Three Products should I feed to ease anxiety in my “hot” horse
• We would recommend Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil, E5 Evolve, and Super Cool.
Which Elite Three Products should I feed my “easy keeper”
• We would recommend Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil, and E5 Evolve.
Which Elite Three Products should I feed to build muscle/increase energy
•We would recommend Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil, E5 Evolve, and Body Builder.
Which Elite Three Products are best for anti-inflammation
•We would recommend Elite HP Plus, and E5 Evolve.
Can Elite Three Products be used during pregnancy/lactation
• Yes, our products are safe to use during pregnancy/lactation
What is the particulate found at the bottom of Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil
• The particulate found at the bottom of Elite Three Hemp Seed Oil is a particulate left behind during the cold pressing of the oil. It is made up of hemp seed skin, and contains additional nutrients and minerals.
Are Elite Three Products meant to replace grain/starch based feeds
• Our products are meant to be fed alongside a grain, or as a top-dress to a grain/pellet.